[SIPForum-discussion] Call transfer

Moshe Ostrovsky mosheo at radvision.com
Sun Jan 18 10:35:59 UTC 2009

Hi Shiba.

1)
180 is an optional response while the session is established (view the
section 14 of rfc 3261).

"A UAS MAY choose not to generate 180 (Ringing) responses for a re-
INVITE because UACs do not typically render this information to the
user."

2)
According to rfc 3262, UAS must send an 1xx-RPR (non-100) if the
"require" header is present (pay an attention that tis clause refers the
initial request, so I'm not sure that the same behavior will be applied
for re-Invite).

" The UAS MUST send any non-100 provisional response reliably if the
   initial request contained a Require header field with the option tag
   100rel."

3)
I saw the 180/183 response for Reinvite sending from GW in
sip-call-flows draft.

Hope it helps.

Moshe Ostrovsky
SIP-IMS team leader