[SIPForum-discussion] Can we specify (m = audio 0 ..) audio port aszero for hold scenario.

ashok.pitambar at wipro.com ashok.pitambar at wipro.com
Mon Jan 12 04:59:40 UTC 2009

Yes Arnab , you are right

The RFC 3264 (offer/answer)( http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3264.txt  )
sections

1 .8.2 Removing a Media Stream
2. 8.4 Putting a Unicast Media Stream on Hold

RFC also specifies about use of port 0 in as "Of course, when used, the
port
   number MUST NOT be zero, which would specify that the stream has been
   disabled" please check 8.4 Putting a Unicast Media Stream on Hold
section.

Regards ,
ASHOK PITAMBAR
Wipro-Nortel Multi-Media Applications
Electronics City I, Tower 2, 1th Floor, B Wing, Bangalore - 560 100
Mob: +91-9008122004 |  Ph: +91-80-4122 1111 Ext.:2162 |  ESN:8696
Email: ashok.pitambar at wipro.com <mailto:ashok.pitambar at wipro.com>  |
Website: www.wipro.com
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/raghunath/Application%20Data/Micr
osoft/Signatures/www.wipro.com>