[SIPForum-discussion] Can we specify (m = audio 0 ..) audio port aszero for hold scenario.

Arnab Biswas arnabbiswas1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 03:58:46 UTC 2009

As per as RFC 3264, you can put on hold by setting the IP address to
"0.0.0.0" of the c line. Otherwise, you may set an attribute
a=sendonly or inactive. I am not aware of any RFC which suggests to set the
port of m line to zero for performing the hold operation.
The port of m line is set to zero to reject that particular kind of media
during the offer answer negotiation.

Thanks,
Arnab