[SIPForum-discussion] Aricent Interview question on SIP

Saroj Kumar Nayak saroj2.nayak at aricent.com
Wed Feb 4 18:27:56 UTC 2009

Hi Balachaduvati

As per my knowledge if user agent didnot receive any response withen the stipulated time then the session will autometically terminated .

please check the timer details for a INV response

INV response retrans mission interval is initially T1(500ms) n the name of the timer is TIMER "G"
wait time for response retransmission is timer "K" T4 timer=(the value of the T4 timer is 5 second)
so at max a response can exist in the network is 5000 ms.
so if client didnot receive any response withen 5000ms the session will autometically terminated.
hope it wil help to ur question

thanks
saroj..

Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 9:58 AM
To: discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] Aricent Interview question on SIP

recent quesrtion i fased.....

If UA2 sends 200ok msg and it is not reachde to UA1 then what will happen? is it send re trans mission or is it establish session.

Thanks&Regards.
Balachaduvati.

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20090204/981078a3/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list