[SIPForum-discussion] One way talk path

Sriram Subramanian sriram.ngn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 02:07:35 UTC 2009

Hi Punitha,
                  Can you cross check the following as a first measure in ur
scenario??

1)Check the IP adress and port in the OFFER AND ANSWER SDP parameters
??.mostly it might be a cse of wrong IP address in the connection line if
there is a no SIP ALG Involved.

2)If SIP ALG is involved ,first lemme explain wat a SIP ALG is, it is a
Application Gateway which acts as a mediator when it is deplyed and will
change the ipaddress and Port parameters accordingly a typical example for
better understanding is

INVITE --x.x.x.x:5060----in SDP C line x.x.x.x and M line port
xxxx------->SIP ALG---->INVITE ----y.y.y.y. 5060---in SDP C line y.y.y.y.
and port as yyyy

so in this scenario if the port mapping in SDP has been missed by the SIP
ALG u will end up in a one way Audio call..In Total to summarise for ur
problem chk ur SDP parameters mainly and check in the wireshark for the RTP
packets where it is sent ...

I hope this resolves ur problem ,But as the other experts have said more
debugging can be done only based on ur wireshark traces if u can send them

Regards,
Sriram