[SIPForum-discussion] One way talk path

dinesh gupta dinesh.gupta2005 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 05:41:09 UTC 2009

Hi Punita,

As every one say take a ethereal call trace (wireshark) it is right way to
track your problem. If you are using Firewall in your network it may be
blocking some RTP port. You should check you have allowed all media RTP port
in firewall.

You should also check

1-NAT

2- Codec negotiation in SDP

Thanks
 Dinesh
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Chaurasia, Punita (Punita) <
pchaurasia at avaya.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am new to SIP world. I would like to know what exactly to look for 'one
> way talk path' issues with sip calls.
>
> we have a avaya communication manager -- ses -- alcatel sip configuration.
> If a  Digital station (DCP) calls an sip end point on Alcatel switch .. the
> call works fine .. but with the reverse.. there is no talk path.
>
> I have the sip call logs for both the calls .. but not able to understand
> ..what exactly should I look for ..  in order to find out the issue.
>
> Need your expert help.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Punita

Thanks & Regards,