[SIPForum-discussion] SIP privacy header and how to break-out to PSTN

Yolanda Ruiz yolanda.ruiz at telefonica.com
Thu Aug 6 17:49:35 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have read the document "SIPConnect v.14" and I have some doubts about these messages I got from my interconnection partner.
The background is:
There is a client/IPPBXs enviroment connected to one Service Provider and sending this traffic to a transit network through a SIP interconnection, this last carrier should break-out to PSTN.

I would like to know your recommendation about how to map in an appropiate and standard way all the different headers received:

1  - From: Unavailable and restricted? - I didn´t see this option in the "SIPConnect v.14".
Is it a valid one?

1.1- Should the PBX from the client should send this message? should it change something?
1. 2 - Should a transit network received this type of message?
1 .3 - How should be it translated to the PSTN? ( no CLI?)
                    To: <sip:7114759392506087 at 2.2.2.1:5060>
                    From: "Unavailable" <sip:Restricted at 1.1.1.1:5060;cpc=ordinary>;tag=gK0672bb18

2 - The break-out to PSTN, receiving this header: From, To, Contact with righ SIP URIs + Remote-party-id

Remote-Party-ID: <sip:+4444444 at 5.5.5.5:5060>; privacy=off

2.1- Should the SP when receiving this header, strip it off before sending it to the next IP carrier?

2.2- How should be it translated to the PSTN? In case, privacy=on -> No CLI should be sent to the PSTN?

And I apologize for the long mail..!!

Yolanda

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20090806/86aeef80/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list