[SIPForum-discussion] Possible Spam : Re: SIP performancetesting

Stewart Bunce Stewart.Bunce at telsis.com
Mon Apr 6 15:35:46 UTC 2009

It is possible that your registrar/proxy will only accept calls from registered/authenticated UA's. In this case it would reject the INVITE with an appropriate error cause. I suggest you check the configuration of your proxy and verify that it allows INVITES from unregistered/authenticated clients.

Stew

-----Original Message-----
From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org]On Behalf Of Raghul Prasanna
Sent: 06 April 2009 10:03
To: 'Reeti Sharma'; discussion at sipforum.org; Vivek Batra
Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Possible Spam : Re: SIP performancetesting

HI Vivek,

I saw your comment stating that, we need to register an UA to recv calls, but for making OG calls its not really required..

I tried making an OG call from Eyebeam without registering and I couldnt, it said call cannot be approved..

Have I misunderstood your point/ I am I missing something. PLease explain.

Thanks,
Raghul

--- On Sat, 4/4/09, Vivek Batra <Vivek.Batra at matrixtelesol.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Possible Spam : Re: SIP performance testing
To: "'Reeti Sharma'" <reeti.sharma23 at gmail.com>, discussion at sipforum.org
Date: Saturday, 4 April, 2009, 4:52 AM

Reeti,
Comments inline in BLUE.

Best Regards,
Vivek Batra

_____  

From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of Reeti Sharma
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 5:36 PM
To: discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: Possible Spam : Re: [SIPForum-discussion] SIP performance testing

Hi everyonel ...!!!

Can anyone clear my doubts regarding the tight coupling in between register process and sip stack :

Query 1: Do it really require that every User need to register themself before calling to anyone? 

Not really required. You only need to register yourself for recieving calls. You can make OG calls normally. 

As what i know, that we can send invite directly to other user (if  that user's machine is available in same peer means no server/firewall in between i.e. using machine ipaddress in form of sip uri ex sip:10.0.0.12 ). Please let me know. 

You can even send INVITE to other user/peer when any server/firewall sits in between your device and other remote user device.

Related Query2: is it require that before sending invite sip stack need to check the status that whether user already send register or not? 

Upto the implementation, however Registrar must have the location where to send the INVITE. REGISTER is only one of the mechanism to update the location address.

Related Query 3: Is it possible that suppose user send register request to registrar server, and before recieving the register's response (2xx say), It recieve Invite from near by user (machine). Cause sip stack is already in listening mode. 
And if it is possible than how the sip stack react? 

If registrar has your current location, INVITE can be placed to you. 

I know that the things are basic, but itz little bit confusing to me, so do me the needful in this regard.......

Thanx in anticipation ...

Regards
Reeti..!!!

Email Scanned for Virus & Dangerous Content by : www.CleanMailGateway.com

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

NOTICE & DISCLAIMER 
This email including attachments (this "Document") is confidential and may contain legally privileged information.  If you have received this Document in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this Document from your system without using, copying, disclosing or disseminating it or placing any reliance upon its contents.  We cannot accept liability for any breaches of confidence arising through use of this Document.

The information contained in this Document is provided solely for information purposes on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of satisfactory or merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose or freedom from error or infringement.  The user relies on the information contained herein, and its accuracy or otherwise, entirely at their own risk.

Any opinions expressed in this Document are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Telsis.  We will not accept responsibility for any commitments made by our employees outside the scope of our business.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20090406/194a20ad/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list