[SIPForum-discussion] RFC 3655 question for Record-Route?

Robert Sparks rjsparks at nostrum.com
Wed Sep 3 18:15:29 UTC 2008

No - Record-Route is exactly about routing future SIP messages in a
Dialog.

It has nothing _directly_ to do with billing. What Tam was trying to
say was that being part of a billing system might be one reason a
proxy might choose to record-route or not.

Whether or not to record-route is based simply on whether the proxy
wants to remain in the path of other requests in any dialog _this
particular request_ might create.

RjS