[SIPForum-discussion] Logical Recipient of REGISTER and INVITE

Sandeep Mohapatra sandeep01it22 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Sep 30 06:40:50 UTC 2008

Hi Jerry,

The domain name of RURI and To Header is not necessarily to be the same. To : header contains the end destinations address. RURI contains the immidiate destination's(UAS) address.

If both the proxy and the UAS reside in the same domain then the SIP URI domain of To and RURI will be the same. Let me know in case you need more clarifications.

Regards,
Sandeep
ARICENT