[SIPForum-discussion] Route advance query

Ankit erankitkumar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 19:32:33 UTC 2008

Hi Huseyin,

Logic is known to me, but i am just trying to find the possibility of using
route advance for those calls as well.

Just a thought:-

There are some Switches which doesn't go for SDP (may be with 180 or 183).
If we consider 180 without SDP and disabling 183, then will that help me
out?
As per SIP, 183 establishes one way media path between calling party's
telephone switch to the called party's telephone switch in the PSTN prior to
the call being answered. Secondly ring tone, busy tone, or a recorded
announcement are all heard in the media path carried by SDP. So will
removing SDP help me out from that if we use 180 instead of 183 as no media
path will be there with 180.

Let me know your observations.

--
Thanks and Regards,