[SIPForum-discussion] Route advance query

Huseyin ALTUN huseyin.altun at verscom.com
Mon Oct 27 17:12:38 UTC 2008

Hi Ankit,

It is actually independent of the message, if there is SDP in message
(180 with SDP or 183 with SDP) and if the media is relayed through SBC,
then it will stop hunting.  If there is no SDP, in your example 180 and
getting release code would enable hunting.  But concerning 18x messages
itself contains call state information (Ringing, Buzzed, etc), it would
still stop hunting.  I can't understand why your remote gateway sends
503 after sending 18x messages.  It should turn something like 480 or
486, etc.

Thinking logically here will help you why Nextone stops hunting.  If
there is an indication of called party's status (like busy, temporarily
unavailable, no answer, etc), hunting shouldn't be performed as Calling
party has information on Called party's state.  Then, Calling party
shouldn't get same information multiple times.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,

Huseyin