[SIPForum-discussion] Fwd: Multiple SIP devices with same URI

Tiago Palma tiago.f.palma at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 14:02:46 UTC 2008

Hello Csaba,

I am also new to this Forum and to SIP, however I'll do my best in trying to
answer to your question.
When you have 2 or more terminals registered to the same AOR (Address of
Record), the inbound proxy will read the terminals addresses register on
that AOR in the Location Service database and then it can have two different
approaches:

Sequential search: Where the proxy tries to call each terminal one after
another.
Parallel search: The proxy tries to call all the terminals simultaneously.

This is situation is called Forking.

Hope it was helpful,
Tiago Palma