[SIPForum-discussion] Multiple SIP devices with same URI

Stewart Bunce Stewart.Bunce at telsis.com
Fri Oct 3 14:21:59 UTC 2008

The proxy can also 'fork' the INVITE request to some or all of the devices that registered with that URI. This would result in multiple devices 'ringing' with the call being established with the first UA to send a non failure final response (i.e. a 200 OK message). Forking is described in RFC3261...

Stew