[SIPForum-discussion] Getting 500 Sip Error

nitin kapoor nitinkapoorr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 21:02:18 UTC 2008

Hello All

There is an issue with one of our customer server Whenever they are
trying to send a call forward through SBC(Nextone) they are getting
Sip Error 500.I have checked and found that is some problem in UAC.
Because according to the traces UAC is sending UPDATE message before
it receives 200 OK for PRACK.. and that's why nextone is sending back
500 Sip Error message to UAC. Its mean UAC is not passing signaling
properly. And as per RFC 3311 its correct.

I have checked that update sdp option is also enable for this customer
in his nextone box.

Can you have a look and share your thoughts on this issue please.
Ethereal traces are attached.

Thanks
Nitin Kapoor