[SIPForum-discussion] FW: [Sip] MUST 200 OK contain SDP? Thanks

fråmedrëlay framedrelay at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 14:18:47 UTC 2008

180 can also carry SDP, :)

mjhorse <mjhorse at qq.com> wrote: Hi
 I think 183 carrying SDP can only be realized when UA implemented with PRACK extension which ensures the reliability of provisional responses.
 And I have clarified it in last email.

 ------------------
  by mj

  From:  "fråmedrëlay"<framedrelay at yahoo.com>;
 Date:  Mon, May 26, 2008 08:53 PM
 To:  "mjhorse"<mjhorse at qq.com>; "yuantao zhang"<yuantao.zhang at ericsson.com>; "sipforum"<discussion at sipforum.org>;

 Subject:  Re: [SIPForum-discussion] FW: [Sip] MUST 200 OK contain SDP? Thanks

 If the invite is not coming with SDP & we send SDP with 183 , in that case I do not think 200 ok will carry SDP. & remote party sends the SDP in ACK.

mjhorse <mjhorse at qq.com> wrote:   Hello
 According to my knowledge, 200 OK doesn't need to contain SDP every time.
 In ordinary situation, where I mean the UAs are not implemented with PRACK extension, 200 OK must take SDP body serving as a offer to prior SDP body containd in corresponding INVITE, or as a answer if there is no SDP in corresponding INVITE.
 However, if PRACK extension is implemented, there are some cases in which PRACK can take on the same media negotiation function as 200 OK does which described in the 1st paragraph. So, in such cases, if there is no need for a further media negotiation, 200 OK doesn't have to carry SDP body.

 Correct me if I am wrong.

  by mj