[SIPForum-discussion] Privacy header for Anonymous calls (Remote-Party-ID Header)

Shakil, Rashid rshakil at covad.com
Wed May 28 15:47:31 UTC 2008

Hello Athar,

Thanks for the prompt and detailed reply. I am seeing two different
privacy headers when I hide the callerID. Our Softswitch always append
privacy=full for a callerID hide calls in Remote-Party-ID.

Remote-Party-ID: "Test,Sip" <sip:
7026441230 at 66.164.79.65>;party=calling;id-type=subscriber;privacy=full

Whereas I noticed one of my SIP Peering partner append privacy=uri for a
callerID hide call.

Remote-Party-ID: <sip: 7026668880 at 8.4.7.6:5060>;privacy=uri

Wondering to know is there any difference between privacy=full or
privacy=uri and why one Softswitch picks full as oppose to uri by other.
Are both meaning the same?

Regards,

Rashid Shakil.