[SIPForum-discussion] Real time scenario of Call Hold Vs Tech-Invite document (call hold)

Sandeep Mohapatra sandeep01it22 at yahoo.co.in
Wed May 28 07:38:07 UTC 2008

Hello,

I completely agree with Oscar. Each UA keeps track of its own CSeq number. This will increase after the final response received.
I mean to say that
A Sends a Invite with CSeq as 1
B replys 100,180,200 with same Cseq number.
A send some other command which will have Cseq as 2
If B sends any command in between it will have Cseq as 1

Regards,
Sandeep

Oscar Alonso Sánchez Hernández <oasanchezh at gmail.com> wrote: Hello

 Each User Agent maintains its own Cseq number.

 If "A" sends INVITE to "B" with Cseq=1, the second INVITE must have Cseq=2 only if "A" send this re-INVITE.

 But, If "B" sends the second INVITE to "A", it initiates its own Cseq number (i.e. Cseq = 1).

 Refer to http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-14#section-2.5

 Regards,
 Oscar Sanchez