[SIPForum-discussion] Privacy header for Anonymous calls (Remote-Party-ID Header)

Shakil, Rashid rshakil at covad.com
Tue May 27 18:05:04 UTC 2008

Hello,

Folks just have a quick question. If I am receiving a caller ID
hide/anonymous call what should be privacy header (part of
Remote-Party-ID header) look like in the SIP peering environment. Should
the privacy header is "privacy=full". One of my SIP Peer is sending
"privacy=uri" for anonymous calls/caller ID hide calls and my question
is it a correct format or do they have to send "privacy=full". I never
noticed "uri" so far all the previous carriers I have worked with send
"full" for caller ID hide calls and "off" for normal calls.

Remote-Party-ID: <sip:7026668880 at 8.4.7.6:5060>;privacy=uri

Anonymity: uri

Regards,

Rashid Shakil.