[SIPForum-discussion] QoS measurement

Jon DiVita jon.divita at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 02:45:27 UTC 2008

There are a couple things you could do to measure QoS for VoIP.   You could
use Cisco's IP SLA which basically is a traffic generator that simulates
VoIP calls.  You setup a probe and a responder which then takes quality
measurements.

Also, a lot of SBC's support RTCP  (RFC 3550)  which provide VoIP statistics
within the CDR data.  Alot of useful information within the CDR records with
RTCP data.

Hope this helps a bit.

Jon