[SIPForum-discussion] SUBSCRIBING PROBLEM

mjhorse mjhorse at qq.com
Tue Jul 29 06:06:01 UTC 2008

If UA has registered the service, it's all right to SUBSCIBE any infomation at it's diposal, but the processing priciple depends on how the service implemented. Normally, a UA will not be interested in its own state, because it doesn't make any sense, subscribing to Presence Service e.g.. So the PS may return some response code indating the request is an error. 

But bearing in my mind, I guess MAYBE there will be some circumstances that UA need to know its own states, for example, security state and so on, I'm not sure.

------------------
  by mj

------------------ Original ------------------
 Date:  Tue, Jul 29, 2008 01:43 PM
 To:  "varunjith tk"<varunjithtk22 at gmail.com>; 
 Cc:  "sipforum"<discussion at sipforum.org>; "mjhorse"<mjhorse at qq.com>; 
 Subject:  Re: [SIPForum-discussion] SUBSCRIBING PROBLEM

Hi,

I am not sure why you are will to send a SUBSCRIBE with the from and to of your own url.

I think if an UAS receive the request, when it does not have the url will reject it.
 This is my opinion.

2008/7/25, mjhorse <mjhorse at qq.com>:   Hi, Here is my opnion:
 1)The response to SUBSCRIBE is the same as other requests which is responded with 200 or 4xx message code. If succeeds, there will be a NOTIFY message arriving periodically according to your SUBCRIBE content.

2)I think there are 2 ways to get information subcribed: the first is getting the information in NOTIFY message body, the dateset type of which is shown in Content-Type field. The second is after successful subscription, establish a out-of-band method which involves other protocol like HTTP to acquire these information.

------------------
  by mj

------------------ Original ------------------
 Date:  Thu, Jul 24, 2008 01:59 PM
 To:  "discussion"<discussion at sipforum.org>; 

Subject:  [SIPForum-discussion] SUBSCRIBING PROBLEM

Hi 
Am new to SIP  and this question may be a very basic one .Pl ease excuse me for that. :) 

Am facing problem with SUBSCRIBE for PRESENCE.

1)What will happen if I SUBSCRIBE with "To" ,"From" and "Contact" headers with my own sip uri(eg:varun at ims.ap.com)?
2)What should I do to get the presence information of all my buddies at a time?

Can any body help me?

Regards

Varunjith T K 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20080729/c6992af2/attachment-0014.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list