[SIPForum-discussion] Regarding user registratin

mjhorse mjhorse at qq.com
Tue Jul 29 06:19:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

If I rightly understand your intention, you want to cancel a endpoint with that particular capability?or just change it's capability?

According to RFC 3840, a endpoint with some kinds of capability should have a Contact like this:

;actor="msg-taker";automata;mobility="fixed"
     ;methods="INVITE,BYE,OPTIONS,ACK,CANCEL"

There are lot of tags discussed in this rfc, Is focuse(to be a central point in a conference) e.g.. So I think there are to alternative operations to change it's capability: 
 The first is very obvious, just deregistering the former Contact and registering a new one with those capabilities your want. 

The second one which I'm not sure to be a standard operation is to register the Contact with capabilities from which you remove what you don't want to be in place. But I think it's depends on the common understanding between the server and the UA about this operation so the serve can update it's registration. I don't know whether there is such kind of implementation(you can look throught rfc3840 to see whether there is such a specification). If not, I think the first one can be used universally.

Some body correct me if I misunderstood
 ------------------
  by mj

------------------ Original ------------------
 Date:  Tue, Jul 29, 2008 01:16 PM
 To:  "mjhorse"<mjhorse at qq.com>; 
 Cc:  "discussion"<discussion at sipforum.org>; 
 Subject:  Re: Re:[SIPForum-discussion] Regarding user registratin

Hi mj,

would you tell me how to de-register a capcbility instead of a URI. I have multiple capability associated with the single URI. So I want to deregiter for a single capability so I can stop receiving call for that particular capability.

Thanks in advance,
 Neeraj
  ----- Original Message ----- 
 To: neeraj ; discussion 
 Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 10:18 PM
 Subject: Re:[SIPForum-discussion] Regarding user registratin

Hi,
 Registration Cancellation is provided by REGISTER mesage with Contact and Expire fields, while Expire is 0 and Contact indicates the endpoint to be deregistered. If you want to cancel all URI, Contact should be a "*".
 using this syntax, it's at your disposal to determine how to deregister your URI.

------------------
  by mj

------------------ Original ------------------
 Date:  Mon, Jul 28, 2008 09:03 PM
 To:  "discussion"<discussion at sipforum.org>; 

Subject:  [SIPForum-discussion] Regarding user registratin

Hi all,

I have a doubt regarding user registration. When I am registering a user using pui at example.com and ICSI in the contatct header field. if the registration is successful , my UE will start receiving call foe that particular ICSI. 
 Now my application support 2 ICSI value and I want to re register the user again. so how should I go about this. 
 Should I include both the ICSI value in the contact header for new REGISTER message or only new ICSI is enough. 

If I have to include both ICSI in the register message than how should I de register the user for only one ICSI parameter. 

Thanks in advance

Neeraj Jain
Senior Software Engineer | Wireless Terminal Division | Samsung India Software Operations (P) Limited
#66/1, Block ?B?, Bagmane Tech Park
CV Raman Nagar, Bangalore ? 560093
(+91) 9886271141 / neeraj.jain at samsung.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20080729/d496cc5b/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list