[SIPForum-discussion] Regarding user registratin

mjhorse mjhorse at qq.com
Tue Jul 29 06:19:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

 If I rightly understand your intention, you want to cancel a endpoint with that particular capability?or just change it's capability?

 According to RFC 3840, a endpoint with some kinds of capability should have a Contact like this:

    Contact: <sip:user at host.example.com>;audio;video
     ;actor="msg-taker";automata;mobility="fixed"
     ;methods="INVITE,BYE,OPTIONS,ACK,CANCEL"

 There are lot of tags discussed in this rfc, Is focuse(to be a central point in a conference) e.g.. So I think there are to alternative operations to change it's capability:
 The first is very obvious, just deregistering the former Contact and registering a new one with those capabilities your want.

 The second one which I'm not sure to be a standard operation is to register the Contact with capabilities from which you remove what you don't want to be in place. But I think it's depends on the common understanding between the server and the UA about this operation so the serve can update it's registration. I don't know whether there is such kind of implementation(you can look throught rfc3840 to see whether there is such a specification). If not, I think the first one can be used universally.

 Some body correct me if I misunderstood
  by mj