[SIPForum-discussion] [Query] recommended behavior of a SIP proxy on receipt of REGISTER request

Donald Lee baolovebao at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 05:30:53 UTC 2008

I think it depends on your PROXY's capability. If it can process the
REGISTER request quickly, no need to response the 100, otherwise it's better
to response the 100 to prevent from the client resend the REGISTER request.

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 7:15 PM, dushyant <dushyant.dhalia at rancoretech.com>
wrote:

>  Hi all,
>

> I have a general question related to proxy behavior related to SIP/IMS
> registration.
>
> What is the recommended behavior of a SIP proxy on receipt of REGISTER
> request w.r.t sending provisional responses? Should a proxy respond a
> REGISTER request with 100 Trying?
>

> Dushyant P S Dhalia

BR
Donald