[SIPForum-discussion] Controlling SIP UA from the application

mjhorse mjhorse at qq.com
Thu Jul 17 04:01:35 UTC 2008

Hi, my opinion is the following:

     1. Given that the two phone register the same AoR, there be be only one URI for both of the two phone, but each has its own Contact address which used to achieve the corresponding phone.

     2. I think it depends on specific implementation. A unniversal practice is to ring in an order each phone(10s for each phone, e.g) according Contact list, and if one of them answers, stop ringing. It's possible to show other phones that the call is already involved(the server may send some infomation), but up to now, I hardly see any such implementation. Commonly, other phones are not aware of that.

  by mj