[SIPForum-discussion] Controlling SIP UA from the application

mjhorse mjhorse at qq.com
Thu Jul 17 04:01:35 UTC 2008

Hi, my opinion is the following:

1. Given that the two phone register the same AoR, there be be only one URI for both of the two phone, but each has its own Contact address which used to achieve the corresponding phone.

2. I think it depends on specific implementation. A unniversal practice is to ring in an order each phone(10s for each phone, e.g) according Contact list, and if one of them answers, stop ringing. It's possible to show other phones that the call is already involved(the server may send some infomation), but up to now, I hardly see any such implementation. Commonly, other phones are not aware of that.

------------------
  by mj

------------------ Original ------------------
 Date:  Thu, Jul 17, 2008 04:34 AM
 To:  "discussion"<discussion at sipforum.org>; 

Subject:  [SIPForum-discussion] Controlling SIP UA from the application

Hi there,

I am seeking for your advice on the following question.

(Q) Is it possible that 2 SIP UA registering the same extension and they both can co-exist peacefully? Let's say I give the user 2 SIP capable phones (one is office phone and the other one is cell phone) and I want them to use the same extension (e.g. the same SIP URI, sip:100 at mycompany.com). In this case there are 2 SIP UA registering the same extension number. Is this a legal SIP configuration? Or are we saying each SIP device must have different URI?

(Q) Let's assume there is a way to achieve what the above question is tyring to achieve. Can I have these 2 phones to be in-sync? For example, once I answer the call from one phone. The other phone will be showing I am talking and I can disconnect the call from the other phone. 

Many thanks
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20080717/06a5b321/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list