[SIPForum-discussion] regarding ACK

kanumuri Sreeram skanumury at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 15:14:38 UTC 2008

Hi Neeraj,
An ACK for a non-2xx final response will have the same branch id as the original INVITE.
The ACK for 2xx-Invite gets its own unique branch-id as ACk is a separate transcation.
  HTH,
Sreeram.

neeraj <neeraj.jain at samsung.com> wrote:
          Hi all,

  Please let me know if ACK and INVITE share the same transaction or difference.

  Should I generate the new Via and branch ID before sending ACK or It should be same as INVITE.

  please help me out.....

  Thanks,
  Neeraj