[SIPForum-discussion] reverse 911

Tim Jackson jacksont at binarytelecom.com
Mon Jan 7 16:53:36 UTC 2008

I am in search of existing software that will manage a reverse 911 on
Asterisk. This is an auto dialer that could be triggered in an emergency to
provide a 30 second message to numbers in a database.

Does such a thing exist? We have agents who install Asterisk, and would like
to add this to their installations for schools and municipalities.

My research has taken me to several companies with products that support TDM
lines with Dialogic cards, but no VoIP connections. This makes it extremely
expensive to maintain idle PRIs, but our switch will easily do 2,000 VoIP
calls per minute, so we can substantially reduce costs for them.

Tim Jackson

President

Binary Telecom, Inc.

3300 NW 185th #197