[SIPForum-discussion] SIP UAs that allow in-call SDP param changes?

Jeff Wright JWright at azteknetworks.net
Fri Jan 4 23:17:43 UTC 2008

Does anyone know of a SIP UA that allows for in-call SDP parameter
changes?  For instance, I'd like to be able to change codecs (via a
re-INVITE and subsequent renegotiation) while a call is up.

My overall motivation is to be able to run a test to force a call flow
something akin to Example 3.7 in RC3665
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3665> .  That example shows an IP address
change, but I was hoping that I could similarly force a re-INVITE to
occur if I changed codec preferences in a UA while a call was up.  So
far, I've not found a UA that supports this (ZoIPer and X-Lite both
allow me to change the preferred codecs while a call is up but they
don't renegotiate with my new choice).  I also tried changing the IP
address of my PC in the middle of the call, but neither call agent does
anything about that, either.

Jeffrey D. Wright

Aztek Networks, Inc.