[SIPForum-discussion] Event:talk

coLLin LeGault (Rountree) clegault at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 13:15:27 UTC 2008

Hi Anthony,
According to section 3.3.4 of the RFC, a "subscription is not considered
terminated until the NOTIFY with a "Subscription-State" of "terminated" is
sent."  This means that other application states (INVITE) will not terminate
the dialog if there is an outstanding subscription associated.

Is it possible there is an existing subscription dialog active?

As for the event: talk, this was supported by Broadsoft and other soft
switches to tell 3rd party phones to go off-hook, so yes it is the reason
its auto-answering.

And sorry, I don't know where you can configure it in Broadsoft, perhaps
some other person can answer that one.

Thanks,
coLLin (thats right!)

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 5:31 AM, Anthony Orlando <avorlando at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Ok here is one for you Gurus.
>
> I have phones that are auto answering when the call is
> initiated via Broadworks tool bar.  The mechanism they
> use in Broadworks is the answer afer parameter in the
> INVITE.  This is NOT the case but instead I am seeing
> a NOTIFY with event:talk coming from the application
> server.  I see no subscribe from the phone.  I have
> three questions:
>
> a.) Is it possible to have a notify without a
> subscribe?
> b.) Does anyone know where this is configured in
> Broadsoft.
> c.) Is the event:talk parameter whats causing the auto
> answer?
>
> Thanks in advance.

coLLin

-----