[SIPForum-discussion] Why does SIP Registration do not create a dialog?

Raj Jain rj2807 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 02:48:47 UTC 2008

> On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 12:01 PM, Elango <elango_tn at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>> Please help me understand why SIP registration does not create a dialog.

Actually, there is some history here and I think that's what causes
this question to come up again and again.I've been told that there was
once an intent by some of the authors of SIP to have registrations
create dialogs (it seems that they wanted to track the UAC that
created the registration dialog or have a registration context as
opposed to just indexing on the AOR).

That said, this philosophy obviously didn't work out and as SIP stands
today -- registrations do not create dialogs.

--
Raj Jain