[SIPForum-discussion] Why does SIP Registration do not create a dialog?

M. Ranganathan mranga at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 22:02:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 11:01 PM, Elango <elango_tn at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please help me understand why SIP registration does not create a dialog.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Elango.

Perhaps you could explain why you think it should and we can take it
from there. Dialogs are meant for end to end associations that last
past the duration of a single transaction. Since REGISTER does not
require this, it has no need to create a Dialog.

You are welcome in retreat,
Ranga

M. Ranganathan