[SIPForum-discussion] proper time to establish stream

雨 陈 chen.yu26 at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Aug 29 09:56:34 UTC 2008

Hi,

  There is another question: What is the real time that the media stream begin to set up?

  I think in the two common offer/answer models: INVITE/200 and 200/ACK, they can set up the stream after the SDP answer with 200 and ACK respectively, But what is the matter in the reliable response ? I mean the model INVITE/ 180(183).

  My 2 cents is even though the 180(183) with SDP answer was accepted by the offer entity , the media stream CAN NOT STRAT until the 200 OK for INVITE is received. Because during the early-dialog, the caller may send a CANCEL to break down the call.

  Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks in advance!

  Regards

  Nora :)