[SIPForum-discussion] General SIP Server Question

Vivek Batra vivek7683 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 15:29:51 UTC 2008

Comments Inline.
--VB

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 4:46 PM, 杨伟 <shyw13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not clear.
>
> I want it step by step.
>
> First, If the proxy(registrar) and outbound proxy operate seperately, that
> is we just have a proxy or a outbound proxy. Do they serve the same
> function?

Definitely not. They don't serve the same function. Since outbound is
serving the service for multiple domains, it simply forward the request to
proxy responsible for that domain.

> They both will receive the Register message, and record the location of the
> UA?

No. Outbound has no information about the location of UA.

> Also Invite messages will be sent to them, when the UA want to make a call?

Yes. Outbound will query the proxy/ registrar for the current location of
the UAS and send the INVITE accordingly.

I am not sure whether any RFC/ Standard is there or not for the signaling
between Outbound and Proxy. May be someone can help us on the same.