[SIPForum-discussion] No Ring Back Tone Issue

Shakil, Rashid rshakil at covad.com
Wed Aug 27 14:50:48 UTC 2008

Answers to your questions

1.	183 Session Progress is for early media. If you are receiving it
from far end then this could be related to what SS7 trunk respond back
to SIP carrier.
2.	Don't know what you mean by replace here. 180 Ringing should
give you ring back tone rite after 200 OK. For early media 183 Session
Progress both sides have to send RTP rite after 183 is received and not
wait for 200 OK
3.	Answer in 2
4.	Do an ethereal capture on outside interface of your SBC and
carriers SBC. See which side is sending ring back tone and which side is
blocking it then look for early media setting in the SBC (probably in
SIP profile setting depending on what kind of SBC both parties are
using).

Hope that help

Regards,

Rashid Shakil