[SIPForum-discussion] No Ring Back Tone Issue

ramon nolasco rpnolasco at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 03:53:53 UTC 2008

Hi All,
Greetings and a good day to all of you! I have this and quite a rare one to me of "no ring back tone" problem with one of our interconnecting partners. Partner claims that our system normally sends "183 Session Progress" and "180 Ringing". That we are sending "183 Session Progress" without the ringtone data though our "180 Ringing" has a ringtone data. That their system looks for the ringtone data to process from the first received message response, which is our "183 Session Progress" and afterward disregards our "180 Ringing" response that followed, wherein the ringtone data is indeed present,  thus resulting to a successfull call but without ringback tone.
My questions are, per standard:
	1. When and why does "183 Session Progress" is being sent as a response?
	2. Should "183 Session Progress" sometimes also can replace "180 Ringing", thus have the ringtone data? or
	3. or it's always "180 Ringing" that has the ringtone data?
	4. Our setup is SBC-to-SBC, Huawei Eudemon 2300-to-Mediaring Voizbridge, is it us who really has the problem or who needs then to adjust? Adjust what?
	5. Is my partner's claim of "the should be system flow and process" standard?
Appreciate any of your solution advice and many thanks in advance :)
Best regards,
Mon