[SIPForum-discussion] G729AB codec

Raghul Prasanna raghul82 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 12:50:44 UTC 2008

Try this, it works for me

A open source decoder which can be used legally for testing can be found here:
http://www.voiceage.com/openinit_g729.php

1)       In wireshark go to ‘statistics’ then ‘Rtp’ then ‘show all streams’ then click on you desired stream and click ‘analyse’.
2)       Instead of saving as an au file, save the file as a .raw audio stream.
3)       In the command line, run ‘va_g729_decoder ethereal.raw sample.pcm’

4)       The resulting file can be played in Goldwave as a 16-bit linear PCM sample at 8000htz (Download Goldwave)