[SIPForum-discussion] DTMF Issues

Nicky Borg nb at 3cx.com
Wed Aug 6 08:41:16 UTC 2008

Hi Everyone

I am having a particular problem with receiving of DTMF events.
It seems that in particular cases when calling a Voip Provider entity from
PSTN, the first event (or set of events) are ignorned.
If I dial the same DTMF event or Events the second time during that same
call session, then they are accepted and call proceeds.

Could anyone have any insight on this?  Why could this be happening?  What
could be causing this?

In both cases I am sending the same DTMF event and types.
And I also confirmed that the provider I am using supports RFC2833 DTMF.

I am using RFC2833 RTP event
Payload 101

What could be the reasons for this problem?

Thanks guys