[SIPForum-discussion] Disconnections, packet loss burst

haluk yavuz halukyavuz at computer.org
Tue Apr 29 20:27:16 UTC 2008

A major work is in the following,

Abstract

   This document defines an extension to the Session Initiation Protocol
   (SIP).  This extension allows for a periodic refresh of SIP sessions
   through a re-INVITE or UPDATE request.  The refresh allows both user
   agents and proxies to determine whether the SIP session is still
   active.  The extension defines two new header fields:
   Session-Expires, which conveys the lifetime of the session, and
   Min-SE, which conveys the minimum allowed value for the session
   timer.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4028.txt
Also you may find other works if you look at pages of SIP or SIPPING working
groups.

Haluk Yavuz