[SIPForum-discussion] regarding syntax of integrity protected

Herve Jourdain herve.jourdain at mstarsemi.com
Tue Apr 29 07:53:34 UTC 2008

Hi,

>From the BNF rules, I would say that TS24.229 indicates
integrity-protected=no (or the other mentioned possible values), unquoted.

I think that if it had to be quoted, you would have had a LDQUOT before the
list in braces, and a RDQUOT after the list.

If you want to refer to the TS24.229, check table 7.4, just before the
paragraph where integrity-protected is defined, which seems to define quoted
hex digits: it uses LDQUO>T and RDQUOT.

Also in RFC 2617, the quoted strings are explicitly defined as such, or you
can also see some <"> around tokens to "manually" define quoted strings.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Herve

  _____