[SIPForum-discussion] regarding syntax of integrity protected

rupandeep singh er_rupandeep at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 06:09:26 UTC 2008

Hi Radhashyam,
Thanks for ur reply but i consulted TS 24.229 earlier also, but in subclause 7.2A.2.1 of this TS it is written to consult RFC 2617 for more information.But in that RFC 2617 in section 1.2 the syntax of this parameter is given like this

auth-param     = token "=" ( token | quoted-string )

and from my knowldge about BNF  this indicates that both

integrity protected = no or integrity protected = "no"
both are correct .So Thats why im facing ambiguity between them.Please clearify this ambiguity.

Radhashyam Behera <radhashyambehera at gmail.com> wrote: Hi Rupandeep,
Please look into the sub clause 7.2A2 in 3GPP TS 24.229 V8.3.0 (2008-03).

Thanks & Regards,
Radhashyam