[SIPForum-discussion] Post Dialing Delay (PDD)

Mario ecembaa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 15:29:12 UTC 2008

Hello Members,

We are implementing a NGN to provide IP transport to both IP carriers
and traditional PSTN.

Our ustomer is asking us if we are able to measure the PDD (understood
as the the delay between sending the initial INVITE ( and getting an
indication that the called party is being alerted,e.g. 180) to provide
this KPI to the IP carriers being conneted to our NGN.

Can Anyone help me how we can measure and verify that the PDD is under
a certain value?

Is there any ITU-T value for the PDD to take as a reference?

Our NGN provides the IP connetivity to IP carriers through Acmepacket SBCs.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Kind Regards,
Mario