[SIPForum-discussion] difference between SIP and SIP-T

Javier Balbuena Gamarra jbalbuena at tp.com.pe
Fri Apr 11 16:28:06 UTC 2008

Hi,

Can you please let me know the basic difference between SIP and SIP-T?
I need to connect Prepaid platform with softswitch wtat protocol I should
to use?.

Is there any document describing the differences?

My understanding is that SIP works in the pure IP world but SIP-T will be
able to interwork between TDM
and IP world and the SIP-T messages will have additional fields to include
the specific telephony parameters like calling party number, called party
number, originating line number etc.

Regards

Javier Balbuena Gamarra
Gerencia Planificacion de Red