[SIPForum-discussion] 回复: DTMF RFC 2833........Westage of bandwidth

mark lee gogofly_lee at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Sep 12 14:01:04 UTC 2007

Hi,Santosh,
  Acctually one DTMF event is only embeded into one RTP packet,so it only wastes three RTP packets to retransmitted DTMF event three times.

  Mark

santosh chintalwar <sschintalwar at gmail.com> 写道:
  Hi All,

According to RFC 2833  of

 3.6 Sending Event Packets

    If an event continues for more than one period, the source generating
   the events should send a new event packet with the RTP timestamp
   value corresponding to the beginning of the event and the duration of
   the event increased correspondingly. (The RTP sequence number is
   incremented by one for each packet.) If there has been no new event
     in the last interval, the event SHOULD be retransmitted three times
     or until the next event is recognized. This ensures that the duration
   of the event can be recognized correctly even if the last packet for
   an event is lost.

According to Highlight  is that mean we need to transmite whatever last DTMF digit send by the user ( or UAC ) ???

If this is the case then we are wasting the badwidth by sending last event.... dont we???

Any comment on this......????

Thanks,
Santosh