[SIPForum-discussion] discussion Digest, Vol 26, Issue 27

John S. Robinson js.robinson at comcast.net
Tue Sep 11 16:28:05 UTC 2007

Hello, Mfana

With regard to your question about not getting 180 Ringing from Quintum
-- It sounds like there is a configuration problem on the Quintum.  The
controlling SIP Signaling Group in the Quintum Gateway can be configured
to send *180Ringing* -- or not -- and to send *183Progress* -- or not.
Here is a snip from a Quintum SIP signaling group:

    SIPSignalingGroup-1 :

    . . . . .

      PrimarySIPServerPort         : 5060                portnumber,def
    5060,
      PrimarySIPServer             : 192.168.10.11       IP
    address,

    . . . . .

      AllowOnlyProxyCalls          : 0                   all
    calls,
      SDPin180Ringing              : 1                   send
    SDP,
      SIPServerInFromHdr           : 1                   use SIP Server
    IP,
      SDPin183Progress             : 1
    yes,default,
      IncludeQuintumHeader         : 0
    disable,
      UserNameInContact            : 1                   contact info
    sent,
      RequestReTransmitCount       : 3                   default
    11,
      UserNameAsURI                : 0
    disable,default,
      MaxForwards                  : 70                  default
    70,
      PRACKMethod                  : 0
    disabled,
      *Send180Ringing               : 1
    enabled,            **
    **  Send183Progress              : 0
    disabled,  *
      SipPstnInterworking          : 0
    disabled,
      SIPNoConnectTimeout          : 180                 seconds,def
    180,
      SessionTimer                 : 0
    disabled,

Check the items highlighted in blue above.  I think you will find that
they are not set as you want them.

Hope this helps,

    John S. Robinson