[SIPForum-discussion] Strict routing

aditya kumar adityaakumar at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 6 06:59:14 UTC 2007

Hi,
As u explained below on strict routing.Could u please write the header fields(request URI,Route,Record route) of requests and responses of attached call-flow. U can naming proxy address as u like and simply mention the header fields corresponding to the position(F1,F2...).So that's It can easily understand to everybody. Thanks,Adi

Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 13:45:54 +0100From: suba_technical at yahoo.co.inSubject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Strict routingTo: adityaakumar at hotmail.com
Hi,

Whatever I know i will explain.
We can take the two cases.

1.Record route header with strict routing
2.Record route header with loose routing (or) route header with 'LR' parameter.

case :1

All the messages should be sent through proxy.from ua1 to p1 it should have 4 record route headers,3 of proxy address & 1 of useragent2's address with maddr parameter.once it reaches the corresponding proxy,it will remove it's address & forward it to the destination(ua2).

Regarding request uri,it should have the corresponding proxy's address.it is also depends upon stateful & stateless proxies(all).

case 2:

In this case,the message need not follow through proxy.
The request uri can be remote party's address.the same case as 1 but it has route header with lr parameter.

Regarding request uri:

The request URI value should be remote address (ua2 ) only when the Record-Route header value with proxy address has 'lr' parameter i.e only for loose routing.
If 'lr' is not there then the corresponding proxy's address should be set in the request URI.

In additon I am attaching the call flow through proxy.if u go through that u can get some idea i guess.revert me in case of any issues.

---
Regards,
Subashini R.

aditya kumar <adityaakumar at hotmail.com> wrote:

Yes, I have already gone through the 16.12.1.2 of rfc, after that I shooted this mail...BCZ there was no clearly mentioned the header part and routing.In my mail I have clearly mentioned the specific items in bold letter what I wants rather than  theoretical definition.

Thanks,Adi

Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:20:44 +0800From: deepanshu at huawei.comSubject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Strict routingTo: adityaakumar at hotmail.comCC: discussion at sipforum.org

You can refer to RFC3261 section number 16.12.1.2

This section gives an exmaple exactly same as what you mentined.