[SIPForum-discussion] The max duration of SIP conversation

Karl Tian lingyunxjtu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 00:40:31 UTC 2007

Hi badal,

     Thanks for your reply to my question.
     Now I've oriented the reason for sip conversation disconnect once
duration reaching to 72 hours. The SIP server I used for testing is of ONDO
types, and there is a configuration  "Talking timeout" with default value
"259200000ms", and I will make sure that by capturing packets.
     Best wishes
     Your Karl

On 10/4/07, badal naik <kunusan at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Karl,
> as i know there is no special timer that controls a
> SIP Session.I have the experience of media session
> open over 100 hours.
> One thing i can suggest u, Please check your session
> by session timing from ethereal capture.
> Check how much time each packet is taking for round
> trip, how much is jitter value etc etc.
>
> May be u can get a clue from that. Unless and until I
> see the packet capture I can't guess the reason.It is
> purely your environment and setting issue.Nothing
> related to SIP universal implementation.
>
> To get the details of timer used in SIP, U can go to
> RFC3261 and seach there.
> To make ur effort more easy search"Summary of timers".
>
> Thanks
> Badal Naik
> --- Karl Tian <lingyunxjtu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >      Who can tell me if some rfc protocal(for
> > example: rfc3261) has define
> > the max duration of a sip conversation as 72 hours?
> >      Now I'm testing the haleness for a kind of sip
> > client, but the
> > conversations of those clients all stop when the
> > duration reachs to 72
> > hours. I guess that the question may be caused by a
> > special timer.
> >      Please help me about this, thanks!
> >

> > --
> > Karl.Tian
> > Infinite Shanghai Communication Terminals Ltd.
> > Email :lingyunxjtu at gmail.com
> > Msn:lingyunxjtu at hotmail.com
> > Post to the list at discussion at sipforum.org

> Shape Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel today!

Karl.Tian
Infinite Shanghai Communication Terminals Ltd.
Mobile:(+86)15902148975
Office :(+86)21-38954999-775
Email :lingyunxjtu at gmail.com
Msn:lingyunxjtu at hotmail.com