[SIPForum-discussion] The max duration of SIP conversation

badal naik kunusan at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 08:13:50 UTC 2007

Karl,
as i know there is no special timer that controls a
SIP Session.I have the experience of media session
open over 100 hours.
One thing i can suggest u, Please check your session
by session timing from ethereal capture.
Check how much time each packet is taking for round
trip, how much is jitter value etc etc.

May be u can get a clue from that. Unless and until I
see the packet capture I can't guess the reason.It is
purely your environment and setting issue.Nothing
related to SIP universal implementation.

To get the details of timer used in SIP, U can go to
RFC3261 and seach there.
To make ur effort more easy search"Summary of timers".

Thanks
Badal Naik