[SIPForum-discussion] Provisional updates

Ivan, Martin martin.ivan at siemens.com
Thu Nov 22 09:31:00 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have one sip proxy server connected to sbc (session border controller)
via ip2ip gateway. I want to test provisional updates and I am not sure
how it should work.

I receive incoming Update message from sbc to ip2ip gw with different
tag parameter (from) then it was in invite dialog.

IP2IP gateway answer with 200 OK response.

Ip2ip gatway does not forward update message from incoming sip trunk to
outgoing sip trunk as I would expect.

Do you think this happens because ip2ip gw receive update message with
different tag number then it was in invite message ?

Did anybody test ip2ip gw and provisional updates ?

Thanks for answer,

Martin Ivan