[SIPForum-discussion] SIP Proxy Testing: INVITE server transa ction

Eugene Mednikov em at HERMONLABS.com
Thu May 10 12:44:12 UTC 2007

Greetings, Vivek!

	Both invites are sent from the same channel. That's why there is a
problem.

Respectfully yours, Eugene Mednikov.

Software Engineer
Hermon Labs
972-4-6288001, 207
972-54-4520187
em at hermonlabs.com
www.hermonlabs.com

-----Original Message-----
From: vivek krishna [mailto:vivekkrishna_s at yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 7:33 AM
To: Eugene Mednikov
Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] SIP Proxy Testing: INVITE server
transaction

Hello,
    If I understand your test scenario correctly, you are using two separate
telephones from which INVITE is sent(With or without authorisation).In that
case it does not matter what the Cseq value is for the INVITE from the
second equipment.As both the INVITE transactions are from different users,
Cseq can be independent of each other.The use of Cseq is just to maintain
the flow of messages inside a transaction in the correct order.

So if I have understood your scenario correctly, you can have Cseq as 3 or 4
or 5 (ir does not matter) for the INVITE request from second equipnment, but
from then on it must increment properly for each new request inside that
transaction/dialog.

Regards,
Vivek Krishna