[SIPForum-discussion] The usage of 181 in SIP-I and SIP-T

alexzhang at gdnt.com.cn alexzhang at gdnt.com.cn
Thu May 10 08:39:08 UTC 2007

Hi,

During the SIP-I -> ISDN call, if the call forwarding occurs in the UA,
which SIP message will be used to encapsulate the ISUP event code[call
forwarding]. We understand that for SIP-T, per RFC3398, it is described
that the 181 will carry the ISUP CPG[event indicator = call forward],
but how about the SIP-I? The Q.1912 only mention that the call
forwarding is supported via ISUP encapsulation, however, which 18x
message will be used?

Best Regards,
Alex Zhang
G/U Voice Core