[SIPForum-discussion] Why Ack is different transaction?

Robert Sparks rjsparks at nostrum.com
Wed Mar 28 14:23:37 UTC 2007

The destruction of the INVITE transaction on 200 is a known bug in
the spec and a correction will be published shortly
(if you actually destroy the transaction, you will treat
retransmissions a new request).

The real reason an ACK-200 is a new transaction is that it must
follow the route-set established by the 200 to the INVITE.
In other words, it may go to a completely different first-hop
destination than the INVITE did. Thus, it needs its own transaction
identifier.

RjS